Finance ministry to sell 4.7 tln won in NXC stocks
简介The finance ministry said Monday that it will put a stake in game developer's holding company N ...
The finance ministry said Monday that it will put a stake in game developer's holding company NXC Corp. up for sale, valued at an estimated 4.7 trillion won ($3.62 billion).
In May, the family of Nexon's late founder Kim Jung-ju paid inheritance tax with a 29.3-percent stake in NXC, or 852,000 shares.
With the stake, the finance ministry became the second-biggest shareholder in the company, which controls the Tokyo-listed Nexon Co., a gaming giant with hit titles like Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds, MapleStory and KartRider.
Kim, who founded Nexon in 1994, died in the United States in February last year at the age of 54.
The bereaved family members were expected to inherit over 10 trillion won worth of assets, including some 2 million shares in NXC, and pay about 6 trillion won in inheritance taxes. (Yonhap)
홍준표 대구시장이 지난달 3일 오후 대구 중구 민족자본 최초의 백화점인 근대건축물 무영당에서 열린 '도심 캠퍼스 타운 조성' 착수 선언 행사에 참석해 환영사를 하고 있다. 뉴스1홍 ...
The 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival, the only independent film festival in South Korea that fea ...
On Dec. 12, 1979, one of the most significant days in modern Korean history, Gen. Chun Doo-hwan led ...
- Minho of SHINee to hold first solo fan concert in January
- As streaming services raise fees, some turn to illegal streaming sites
- Industrial output, retail sales, investment all fall in Oct.: data
- [Today’s K
- 이종석 헌재소장 임명안 국회 통과…수장 공백 21일 만에 해소
- [KH Explains] KG Mobility looks to turn to annual profit for 1st time in 7 years
- Coupang Play seeks turnaround with exclusive content
- Man nabbed in naked rampage
- Pentagon official touts robust extended deterrence to S. Korea
- LG Energy Solution's new residential ESS to hit US market
- [Herald Interview] New Royal Salute makes grand debut to tap deeper into Korean whiskey market
- 윤 대통령 “저보고 소통 부족하다 지적하는 분 많아 반성”
- Galleries vexed by outdated ban on taking older artwork out of country
- Posco International completes EV parts plant in Mexico
- Kingdom introduces last of its 7 kingdoms in 7th EP
- [Today’s K
- 군사력은 미국이 우위지만, 글로벌 공급망은 미·중 비등 [중앙포럼]
- American investigated for ‘teeth grinding’ graffiti across Yongsan
- Van Cleef & Arpels touring exhibition brings sparkles to Seoul
- 조응천 "김종인이 2명 배제하자…민주당, 총선서 제1당 됐다"
- Seoul shares open higher despite US losses
- [Today’s K
- [이번 주 리뷰]北,군사위성 발사…정부 온라인 장애속출(20~25일)
- Hyundai Motor chief named automotive industry leader of 2023
- [Hello Indonesia] Hyundai Motor vows to steer Indonesia's transition to EVs
- 러 매체 “北 위성에 러시아 도움, 근거 없다…포탄 지원설도 마찬가지”
- Former Hungarian ambassador receives Gwanghwa Medal
- Two dead in Gyeongju construction site collapse
- 금태섭 “文 전 대통령, 조국 출마 적절한지 의견 분명히 해야”
- KB chief vows to nurture AI talents
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- [Hello Hangeul] Welding book first in vocational Korean series for foreign labor
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- TBS appeals to Seoul to hold off on slashing support
- Samsung's Harman acquires audio platform Roon